Skip to content

Text size:


Shropshire Council is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as a data controller. The council is the data controller for the personal information you provide on this site.

Your information will only be used by the Council’s Adult Services and PA Noticeboard team to enable the assessment of Personal Assistants (PA’s) looking for work and to facilitate the matching of those PA’s with individuals looking for care and support.

For further details on how we maintain the security of your information, your rights (including how to access information we hold about you) and how to complain if you have any concerns about how your personal details are processed, please see Shropshire Council privacy page.

Shropshire PA Noticeboard terms and conditions detail what information will appear on the site, whether you are a PA or someone advertising an opportunity for a PA.

The UK General Data Protection Regulation describes the lawful basis for this processing as being “necessary the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller” (Article 6(1)(e)).

In exceptional circumstances, we may also be required by law to share your information with other council departments or third parties, for example, if a child or adult safeguarding concern arises or to assist the Police with the prevention or detection of a crime.

We keep and dispose of all records in line with our corporate retention schedule. We will comply with Data Protection legislation in regard to how long we keep your data. If you no longer wish to be a personal assistant your account can be deleted. The website automatically asks you to log in to your account if you wish to remain registered. We will retain your details for a period of 60 days if you haven’t logged in your profile will be deleted.

If you have any queries or concerns about PA Noticeboard, please contact

If you have any queries or concerns about how we handle your data, or would like request access to your data please contact the Information Governance team at